We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK domestic to domestic

Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
JFK domestic to domestic

Hi

We are flying from SFO - JFK via Virgin America flight V22 arriving at terminal 4. It appears to be arriving in JFK Terminal 4 at 5:54 pm , we have then booked to fly from JFK to BUF via Delta airline ( Endeavor Air) T4 at 8:30 pm.I have received an email today advises that the flight has changed to 8:15 pm . I am now worried we may not make this second flight in time.

How busy is it with screening etc , I see a bus moves from Terminal 2 to T4 which takes about 10 mins . Not sure how long it will take to get the luggage, go to T4 then book in the luggage in again with Delta then go through the screening process ..

Appreciate anyone's thoughts ...

Has anyone else had similar experiences ...

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,425 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK domestic to domestic

your post seem to have some typo error, I believe you are flying Virgin into T4 and departing from T2 via Delta.

Normally with 2hrs 20mins you should have enough time to pick up your luggage and check in for your connecting flight, then clear security to go to the boarding gate. But if the incoming Virgin flight is delayed it may have some impact. You need a minimum of 45mins to check in your baggage.

from T4 to T2 you can take the All Terminals Train which is the inner loop going in that direction, but not the Howard Beach or Jamaica Stations Airtrain.which goes in a counterclockwise direction (T2 to T4).

Edited: 20 August 2014, 11:37
Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK domestic to domestic

Hi

Slight Correction

We are flying from SFO - JFK via Virgin America flight V22 arriving at terminal 4. It appears to be arriving in JFK Terminal 4 at 5:54 pm , we have then booked to fly from JFK to BUF via Delta airline ( Endeavor Air) T2 at 8:30 pm.I have received an email today advises that the flight has changed to 8:15 pm . I am now worried we may not make this second flight in time.

How busy is it with screening etc , I see a bus moves from Terminal 4 to T2 which takes about 10 mins . Not sure how long it will take to get the luggage, go to T2 then book in the luggage in again with Delta then go through the screening process ..

Appreciate anyone's thoughts ...

Has anyone else had similar experiences

3. Re: JFK domestic to domestic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:17