We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bagels in Times Square area

Newport, Oregon
Level Contributor
295 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Bagels in Times Square area

We are staying at the Marriott Marquis. Where can we find good "New York" bagels.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
50 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bagels in Times Square area

I hear Best Bagel & Coffee is good, but I've never been and our first visit is in October.

If anyone else has recommendations for awesome bagels, I'm interested in knowing also!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,937 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bagels in Times Square area

There is a Pick-a-Bagel on 8th Ave near W53rd St.

Otherwise I quite like Ess-a-Bagel, there are a couple of locations, both further on the east side.

Whitestone, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bagels in Times Square area

Unfortunately, Times Square (which is a poor neighborhood for finding good food of any kind) is not at all a good place to be looking for nice, fresh, just-baked bagels. I would strongly recommend forgetting about finding bagels for breakfast anywhere near your hotel, and instead reserve your bagel cravings for an afternoon snack when you are out and about in likelier neighborhoods. I would also say that in my experience, you will find far better bagels in Brooklyn and Queens than you will in Manhattan -- but unless you are a serious bagel maven, it wouldn't be worth the trip to track down the best places on the other side of the East River.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
496 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bagels in Times Square area

"We are staying at the Marriott Marquis. Where can we find good "New York" bagels."

I prefer the NY pretzel from the street trucks, complete with exhaust smell and grimy hands selling them.

I can taste them now...... mmm

5. Re: Bagels in Times Square area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:16