We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pickup locations for passes

Dordrecht, The...
Level Contributor
477 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pickup locations for passes

I'll be arriving in Newark Airport in Saturday August 23 around 3:30 PM.

I'm planning on filling up on cash at an Airport ATM and then taking the AirTrain to Penn Station.

From there, it's probably a subway ride to my accommodation at 891 Amsterdam Avenue.

Along the way I'd like to pick up my unlimited 7-day MetroCard and my New York Pass.

Can someone advice on the most efficient place to pick those cards up along the way?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pickup locations for passes

Might have to wait for the locals to wake up travelingmagician. Or wave your magic wand!! (Haha- sorry couldn't resist). How exciting for you and I hope you have a great time. That hostel is in a great location. Wander down Broadway and Amsterdam for lots of great eats, pizza, supermarkets etc where lots of locals go.

I don't know about the NY Pass but I have experienced a number of times getting my 7 day metro card at Penn in front of the stairs to the 1, 2,3 platforms to head up to the UWS and I never enjoy it. Only two ticket machines, a line of people + me being jet lagged. Every time I have to ask the person behind me to help out because of issues with credit cards and zip codes (and having a brain fade). Also you might be better waiting until you get to the UWS to hit a proper bank to withdraw cash rather than an airport ATM (depending on your card's fees & charges). Have a fantastic time travellingmagician.

2. Re: Pickup locations for passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:17