We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madison square garden hotel

austin
Level Contributor
98 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Madison square garden hotel

Do you guys recommend the wyndam New Yorker or the affinia manhattan?

Or for the same price, the palace.

Will be going to a concert at MSG.

Thanks!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,347 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madison square garden hotel

The NY Palace is a gorgeous hotel MILES nicer than the others but not that close to MSG. Here are many better options than what you list. The Eventi is very nice.

austin
Level Contributor
98 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madison square garden hotel

Okay it's just that those are all three.... in my price range and we are coming for a concert but I thought about going palace bc it was same price range but I'd give up the proximity to the concert... Is the New York palace hotel the same as the palace? (I know I'm sure this is a stupid question.....)

Edited: 23 August 2014, 02:06
Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,347 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madison square garden hotel

Address is 455 Madison Ave.

http://www.newyorkpalace.com/

You can walk from MSG to the Palace in maybe 25 mins.

Whitestone, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Madison square garden hotel

With the great subway service we have in NYC (and MSG sits over the 34th Street stations of the 1/2/3 and A/C/E lines) and the general walkability of New York, there is absolutely no reason to stay in the dull and rather dreary neighborhood immediately adjacent to MSG and Pennsylvania Station in order to go to a concert. Stay anywhere, and then hop on the subway when it is time to go.

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Pennsylvania Station
Pennsylvania Station
1,316 Reviews
New York City, NY
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madison square garden hotel

**there is absolutely no reason to stay in the dull and rather dreary neighborhood immediately adjacent to MSG and Pennsylvania Station in order to go to a concert. Stay anywhere, and then hop on the subway when it is time to go.**

^

+1

Mentioned in this post
Pennsylvania Station
Pennsylvania Station
1,316 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,347 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madison square garden hotel

The Wyndham New Yorker is currently undergoing renovations. It's been a budget hotel for many years although people like it. The Affinia Manhattan has been a good dependable hotel near MSG but some recent reviews have complained of rude staff. My point is, the NY Palace is one of the lovliest hotels in the city. If youhave the chance to stay there vs the other 2, it would be a shame to miss the opportunity imo.

austin
Level Contributor
98 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Madison square garden hotel

Thank you! The palace, it is :)

8. Re: Madison square garden hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:17