We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Bull Arena Saturday, October 11 Toronto FC 7:00PM

Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Red Bull Arena Saturday, October 11 Toronto FC 7:00PM

Hi

We are staying in NY near Penn Street station it appears that PATH 33rd is close to us ..

I see from the red bull alert that train work is being done whilst we are there ...

www.newyorkredbulls.com/HUB/GettingtoRBA

I'm a little confused it simply just a case of getting of on 33rd street and hoping over at 34th street

then changing for ??

Sorry I'm just a bit confused ..Can someone help me with directions

Also how safe will the trip be as there are 4 of us ( 2 kids) or is it easier to just catch cab ..

Also how do we get back ??

Appreciate any thoughts as to how we can go to the game and back, must say I find the red bull ticket website very unfriendly in searching for tickets ..

Thanks

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,075 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Bull Arena Saturday, October 11 Toronto FC 7:00PM

Take the PATH train from 33rd Street to Journal Square, which will be the end of the line.

At Journal Square, change directly across the platform for the train towards Newark. Take this train one stop to Harrison. Follow the throngs of people wearing Red Bulls jerseys to the arena.

To come back, reverse direction: take the train from Harrison towards New York City one stop to Journal Square, and change directly across the platform for the train to 33rd Street.

It is a lot safer than a cab. Make sure you buy your round trip train fares when you leave 33rd Street: do not plan to stop at the machines to buy more trips after the game. You can use pay per ride value on a Metrocard, or you can get a PATH SmartLink card, but if this is your only trip on PATH the Metrocard is likely the better value.

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,267 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Bull Arena Saturday, October 11 Toronto FC 7:00PM

You take the train both ways and its perfectly safe. Youll be in a crowd of Red Bull fans. Its a friendly ride so no worries.

Our biggest surprise was that the stadium is pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. But I guess thats why the train is packed with people gping to and from the game.

3. Re: Red Bull Arena Saturday, October 11 Toronto FC 7:00PM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 06:17