We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alladin Vs Lion King Vs Jersey Boys

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
321 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Alladin Vs Lion King Vs Jersey Boys

I'm visiting New York this November and many friends have told me to at least see one broadway show or something while I'm there. I have absolutely no clue at all about theater so I need your help guys in choosing to watch my first broadway theater show.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alladin Vs Lion King Vs Jersey Boys

What do you want in a show? The three you mentioned are quite different from each other.

Depending on when you visit in November, there might be a discount code for Jersey Boys at Broadwaybox and Playbill. The Lion King is never discounted and since Aladdin is a hot seller right now, I wouldn't count on one for it either. If you want to see one of them, I would purchase as soon as possible.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alladin Vs Lion King Vs Jersey Boys

I have tickets to see Aladdin next month so can't comment on that show in particular. One of my all time favorites has got to be Lion King, I have seen that twice and would go again. The opening act is not to be missed and quite the spectacle. Jersey Boys is a great story and the music was fabulous, but we are huge Disney fans so I would personally choose Lion King or Aladdin.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alladin Vs Lion King Vs Jersey Boys

What is your age and gender and are you traveling with anyone? What kinds of movies, music and books do you lik? Not only are the 3 you mentioned very different, but they are "brands" that people pick not because they will likely enjoy them but because they've heard of them.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alladin Vs Lion King Vs Jersey Boys

Well the good news is, any of them will be fantastic productions, especially if you've never been to a show.

Last show I saw was Jersey Boys, with discounted ticket from TKTS. it sounds like the other two shows don't get discounted often.

if there is one you really want to see, the recommendation to get your tickets in advance is good advice.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alladin Vs Lion King Vs Jersey Boys

Every show has it's own website with video clips. Alladin and Lion King are more geared to kids although adults will enjoy them. Jersey Boys is a totally different kind of show based on the true story and music of Frankie Valle and the Four Seasons. There are rarely discounts for Lion King which may also affect your decision.

Didhelikeit.com

Is a website that shows what the critics tought of each show. If we knew what kind of music/movies you liked, it would be easier to help.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13,312 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alladin Vs Lion King Vs Jersey Boys

Just one point about Jersey Boys. They were mob connected so if you have young children, it may not be the best choice. If you want to go to Lion King, get your tickets ASAP as they price their seats to sell but because of that there are never any discounts.

7. Re: Alladin Vs Lion King Vs Jersey Boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:16