We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

North Carolina
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

My husband really wants to catch a game this fall so I was looking at the weekend of Sept. 19. Where would be a good place to stay for around $200/night? Since this is a quick trip, what other quick place should we see or eat at while we are there? Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,389 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,000 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

How will you get here? $200 won't buy a decent room in Manhattan at that time.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

We will be flying. You are probably right so I guess I need to increase that amount. Planning on taking the subway to the game.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

Here is the Yankee schedule:

http://tinyurl.com/ylnouje

....and the directions for public transportation to Yankee stadium:

http://tinyurl.com/qechwkh

CH

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

Just also know that that wknd is the last home weekend games that Derek Jeter will play at Yankee Stadium before he retires.

If you are looking to make these plans for that wknd....I would hurry up and book a hotel and look for tickets.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,000 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

I would make sure you can GET tickets before booking any flights or hotel. That's an expensive weekend. Tickets could be expensive. This could turn out to be much more $$$ than you think.

Whitestone, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

That is the weekend at the start of the UN General Assembly, so hotels in Manhattan go sky high.

I agree with the advice you got above, and would recommend the following:

1) Get the Yankee tickets first. No tickets = no need to plan further.

2) Book your flight

3) If you are using LaGuardia, look at the hotels in Long Island City in Queens. Any hotel near the Queens Plaza, Queensboro plaza, or 39th Avenue subway stations will have easy connections for the subway to Yankee Stadium for the game -- and they tend to cost much less than hotels in Manhattan, even though they are just 5 minutes away.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

I did a search on Stubhub earlier after I posted. There are seats available for that wknd(must have to do with the fact that the Yankees are once again underachieving.)

Book ASAP.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
841 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

^^ "That is the weekend at the start of the UN General Assembly, so hotels in Manhattan go sky high."

I was tossing around the idea of doing a long weekend trip on that weekend with my wife and even LIC rooms seem to be considerably higher than the weekend after starting on the 26th....go figure.

9. Re: Quick weekend trip to see Yankee game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:17