We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York New Years Eve 2014

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
New York New Years Eve 2014

Hi

We will be in New York New Years Eve (My husband and I, and 2 daugthers 14 & 12 years old.

We are looking for a nice restaurant that has atmosphere, would like to meet some locals, where we don't have to buy an expensive drinks package for our girls.

We are staying mid town...any suggestions?

thank you

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York New Years Eve 2014

Budget? Cuisine?

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York New Years Eve 2014

For great fun on New Year’s Eve, how about a bike ride? This is an annual event that in past years has started in the heart of The Village at 10:00 PM at Washington Square Park (under the arch) to bike or rollerblade to the Belvedere Castle in Central Park (by 11:45 PM) for music, dance, and fireworks to ring in the New Year. Participants are encouraged to dress festively and bring their own food and drink for the after party.

For more information later in the year, see:

http://times-up.org/calendar/calendar.php

The after party is in Central Park, and it is FREE. We think it is the BEST NYE party in NYC replete with fireworks, so come celebrate with thousands of local New Yorkers.

CH

Lyon, France
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: New York New Years Eve 2014

Hi !

We are two french girls and also coming to New York for New Year's Eve. We are probably going to attend the Central Park Party and maybe even run the Emerald Midnight Run !

Have anybody ever done it? Can you tell us if we can drink and eat at the party or if we have to provide ourselves?

Thanks !

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New York New Years Eve 2014

I love this idea. My husband has just started running and I am a runner....just not used to running in such cold conditions lol. My girls can run 5km so 4 miles should be ok. I will seriously consider this idea!!

5. Re: New York New Years Eve 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:15