We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

I've tried googling and stalking various websites but have not been able to find out any more information as yet. Does anyone know if Billy Joel will be extending his residency beyond the dates that are currently for sale at Madison Square Garden, the last one currently being December 18? From what I can gather he will play indefinitely until either he gets sick of it or demand eases. I'm really hoping we can see him in either January or April of 2015, any news would be welcome. Thank you. PS I mean beyond December 2014, cant edit title.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 05:11
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

Good question mole but I can't see it happening. I kept a close eye on the December show for quite a while and it was a real slow seller (though there are only single seats left now at Ticketmaster) so I think the incredible run at MSG will end there. I hope I'm wrong for your sake but then again he might head out for some more overseas dates and come to Australia. I was lucky enough to see his triumphant NYC comeback at the 12/12/12 Concert for Sandy Relief and thought he was even better than when I saw him in the 80s and 90s.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 05:27
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

Yep, its hard to know what will happen, but I would have thought some new dates would have been for sale by now if the residency was continuing. I'll continue to keep an eye on it as I have a number of dates I'll be in New York over the next 6 - 8 months.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,550 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

Have you tried joining his social media sites? They may have advance notice.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

I still have my Billy Joel concert ticket stubs from 1973 and 1974. Cost of the show: $3 and $4, respectively.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 20:16
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

Have subscribed to a few social media sites for updates, so will wait and see what happens. Thanks all.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

For anyone interested MSG have just announced a new date for Billy Joel's ongoing residency at The Garden, Friday 9th January 2015. Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday 14th November at 10 am (there is a presale for citibank cardholders on Monday 10th November).

I'm so excited that we will be in NYC on this date and will get to see Billy at MSG!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

Aw brilliant we are there on 5th - 11th Feb I would love to see him live especially

There please let me know any dates for Feb

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

They have only released the January date so far, but if you go to the Madison Square Garden Facebook page and 'like' it you will receive updates about concert dates etc. I was so happy to wake up to this in my Facebook feed this morning!

Edited: 07 November 2014, 00:08
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

Thanks......yes what a cool event to look forward to I will sign up for info.

I am a big Bruce Springsteen fan too I have saw him like twice this time I am heading out to the stone pony to see where it all began lol

Forest Hills, New...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Billy Joel - extending beyond December 2015 at MSG?

Presale (Citicard) for newly announced show on 1/9/15 to begin on Monday 11/10/14