We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Statur of Liberty

Ashton, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Statur of Liberty

Hi,

Is there a ticket I can buy that includes the ferry ride to the Statue and entrance onto the platform of the Statue without having to visit the tour at Ellis Island?

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Statur of Liberty

when you buy any of the tickets to the Liberty Island, the entrance to Ellis Island is always included. You don't have to go if you don't want to.

See the verious ticket types at:

www.statuecruises.com/choose_tickets.aspx

Ashton, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Statur of Liberty

I see thanks - so will there be a way to get back, we are just trying to save time.

Just noticed my typo in the title for this!

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Statur of Liberty

Yes, assuming that you are leaving from Battery Park, the boat departs Battery Park, Liberty Island, Ellis Island and then back to Battery Pack, you will have to go via Ellis Island to get back but as was said in post #1 you don't have to get off. It's a pretty quick turn around.

Ashton, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Statur of Liberty

Great thank you.

I may seem clueless here, but does the one ticket include the ferry ride, entrance onto the liberty island and back?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Statur of Liberty

Yes it does

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Statur of Liberty

Now it does. Before you had to swim.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Statur of Liberty

hahahahahaha - love it TER!

@ OP - yes it does. Because the cruise only goes one way its a return ticket, so to speak.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Statur of Liberty

I believe the routine from Battery Park these days is to go to Ellis Island first then Liberty Island. It used to go to Ellis Island first.

You don't need to get off at Ellis Island, so just stay on the boat until it gets to Liberty island.

Much easier than swimming.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
414 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Statur of Liberty

From Battery Park the ferry first stops at Liberty Island (SOL), then goes to Ellis Island and then to Battery Park. As noted above you do not need to get off the ferry at Ellis Island.

Be sure you get the correct ferry from Liberty Island. One will go to Ellis Island/Battery PArk. The other will

go back to New Jersey (Liberty State Park).

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Statur of Liberty

From Battery Park the cruise goes to Liberty Island first not Ellis Island, as looking at the website will reveal: http://www.statuecruises.com/schedule.aspx

@ OP - going as early as possible will help you avoid long queues and save time. Queues get really long and you could be in line for over an hour so try and factor this in.