We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yankees

singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Yankees

My husband and I are planning to catch a Yankees match on Friday 5 Sept 7pm. How early should we leave from Times square if we are taking the subway? How long is the travelling time and how early should we be seated? This is our first time in NYC! Cant wait!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yankees

I would look to get to the Stadium at appr 6.

Take some pics inside and out. Eat at the Stadium. Check out the clubhouse store. Take pics inside of the various vantage points of the field.

Be in yore seat appr 15 minutes before the start of the game and in time for the National Anthem.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yankees

IMHO~ I would leave Times Square at 5:00 PM, this will give you time to get there a little early, and enjoy the festive atmosphere outside (as well as inside)Yankee Stadium! Enjoy the Game!

Whitestone, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yankees

If you are leaving from your hotel (which is on 36th Street between 9th and 10th Avenues), you don't want to leave from Times Square at all, because neither of the two trains that stop at Yankee Stadium stops at Times Square. The nearest subway station to your hotel is at 8th Avenue and 34th Street, and you can leave from there. From 34th Street, take the A train (which will be on the platform in the middle of the station -- go downstairs and cross underneath to get it) uptown to 145th Street, and change there for the B train, which will take you 161st Street - Yankee Stadium.

Leaving from 34th Street at 5:30 should get you to Yankee Stadium by 6 -- but keep in mind it will be rush hour, and the trains will be crowded.

4. Re: Yankees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:16