We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affinia manhattan - no response from email

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
287 reviews
Save Topic
Affinia manhattan - no response from email

Looking for a bit if advice please - we originally booked affinia manhattan in February for our five night stay this November. We have extended our trip by two days so want to extend our stay by two nights. I have tried emailing three times over three weeks asking the hotel if we could strike a deal or if they can confirm a price for another two nights with no response. I have checked my spam mail just in case a reply has slipped in there, but sadly no.

Is this normal for this hotel ? When I log onto their website I can modify my stay but the price is outrageous £700more for two nights. However I can book on booking.com for £315 for the extra nights I require - do you think we would need to check out and re check in Or will they likely merge the bookings? Quite infuriating not getting a response from the hotel.

Had thought about booking a different hotel for the last two days but would lose a lot of time seeing the city if we did this.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affinia manhattan - no response from email

Um- why don't you call them?

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affinia manhattan - no response from email

Last resort really - very expensive to call from the UK. Might have to just bite the bullet

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affinia manhattan - no response from email

Have you tried using this link and using your existing reservation number?

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx…

OR, try cntacting them on facebook if you post there.

OR phone them.

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affinia manhattan - no response from email

Completely didn't think about Facebook! Thanks very much :)

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affinia manhattan - no response from email

Call. You want them to offer options sooner rather than later.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,352 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affinia manhattan - no response from email

I've called from a mobile to the US from London. On my Pay-as-you-go Virgin mobile phone, it's was 25p per minute. Isn't it worth 3 quid to get it done right? 001-212-etc..... should do it for you.

Are you sure the extra days are $500 per night online? Maybe that was the total for your entire reservation.

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affinia manhattan - no response from email

I called - they can't help as our original booking is via booking.com but at least I now know how to get booked up etc. just have to decide if we switch hotels or not.

Two people I spoke to at the affinia found it very hard to understand my Scottish accent. Bless them.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Affinia manhattan - no response from email

If you book the additional days separately I think it is more likely than not that you will be able to remain in the same room. I would explain at checkin what you've booked. Of course this assumes you are booking the same category of room. I believe I've done this before without a problem.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Affinia manhattan - no response from email

Yes, so have I. Many times. Just say when you check in - "we have a separate reservation for the last 2 nights - can we stay in the same room and not have to check in and out?" - either they've said "just swing by that morning and we'll swipe your credit card again" or more often than not they'll set it up right then and there.

I have never had to change rooms.

And I know a lot of people don't like to do this, but what a good opportunity to try a new hotel/new part of town. I also like doing that, sort of reinvigorates the trip. There are downsides, but we don't mind.

Edited: 28 August 2014, 00:00
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Affinia manhattan - no response from email

I'm always adding dates and messing with bookings. Every time upon checkin I mention a second booking they sort it on the spot and let me know I don't have to change rooms. It's very easy for them to do that. Yes- phone calls can be tricky with accents so I always speak really really slow and enunciate every word like I am doing Aussie Shakespeare or something!