We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mets v Astros game, Sat 27th Sept

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mets v Astros game, Sat 27th Sept

We would like to go to a baseball game this visit to NY, the Mets v Astros fits in nicely with our plans.

My question is, will it be a good atmosphere & will it be well attended? We haven't got a clue about the game itself & no knowledge if either team are any good, so that doesn't really matter if they're both awful, lol!

That evening, there is a concert too, Austin Mahone.......no idea who he is either! Are these concerts worth staying on after the game for? I suppose that depends on the act, is it ok to leave if it's not our thing part way through?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,121 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mets v Astros game, Sat 27th Sept

I'm not sure how well-attended the game will be. It's one of the last games of the season and the Mets are not going to the playoffs. It's a Saturday, though, so if the weather is nice, a fair number if people will probably be there just to enjoy a day at the ballpark.

Definitely buy your tickets last-minute from StubHub; they should be selling for well below face value.

As for the concert, I've never heard of that performer either. No obligation to stay for it, and you can leave early.

Enjoy!

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mets v Astros game, Sat 27th Sept

Thanks for the reply Frangipani.

I have read on TA not to buy tickets beforehand in case the game is rained off, no refunds!

My only issue with StubHub is, do you have to print the tickets? Only we won't have access to a printer at the hotel, never used StubHub before, not sure how it works. Can you purchase tickets at the gate before the game?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,121 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mets v Astros game, Sat 27th Sept

As long as your hotel has a business center, you'll have access to a printer. :)

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mets v Astros game, Sat 27th Sept

There is a business centre, I can't find the cost anywhere. But if there are savings on ticket prices I'm sure it would still be worth paying the fee. Thanks again.

5. Re: Mets v Astros game, Sat 27th Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 06:16