We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi,all

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Hi,all

We head back to beloved NYC from Washington State next Weds,the 10th. We are arriving on the 6th, getting a car at JFK and staying in NJ that night before heading upstate for couple of days. We are staying at The Courtyard in Soho, near Greenwich Village. We can drive up to the hotel, drop our bags and then drop the car at Hertz on Morton St. Freshen up, grab a cannoli,lol, get our Metrocards and head for TOTR and a sunset view. Fool around a bit, maybe get some oysters and a beer at Grand Central and go to Sammy's Nodle Shop for a late dinner, stroll to hotel and collapse.

Thursday, slow morning of looking around the local area, then up to Zabars to buy stuff. Go to Central Park and decide if we want hang there or maybe go to Governors Island or perhaps Washington Square Park. Late lunch wherever we land. "Once" that night and John's Pizza afterward. Lots of time for unexpected wonderful stuff,which is my favorite thing.

Friday, hubby wants to shop in Chinatown and lower east side. Really? I am hoping to talk him out of that..lol..but if not, maybe I can get him to Century 21. We will see where this day takes us. Then another late diner at DelFriscos, since we are celebrating my milestone birthday, which officially takes me into blessed old ladyhood.

We leave from Jfk at 3:30 so plan to arrive at about 1-1:30. We will,of course, take the subway and give our metrocards to someone, as we weill get the 7 day unlimited ones that will have 3 plus days left on them! Saturday morning, I think I can finally go to the 911 site. I have not been able to go there before without getting really upset and bawling like an idiot. But I want to see the beauty that has been created out of horror and I think I may be ready now.

Worthy plan? Or non-plan.lol. Any changes..suggestions? I am not a fan of a firm, clocked itinerary. This is my umpteenth visit,though, so I have seen much of what I want other times.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi,all

That trip to Zabar's from soho seems to me quite a slog, you might consider places in the soho area like Russ & Daughters, Murrays Cheese, etc. You'd have to do some walking but at least they're in the vicinity.

Here is recent thread on things to do in soho. I'm sure there are other threads as well. Have a good trip.

tripadvisor.com/…60412534

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi,all

Thanks, Larry. We have done the trip. Hubby has particular things he wants to buy at Zabar's. Non food items and it's one of the 2 things he has said he wants to do. So I am going to let him. We have the 1 train right outside the door, practically, of the hotel. We'll go early so it doesn't impede the rest of the day.

And thanks for the link, I'll take a look

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,980 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi,all

Your husband may enjoy Pearl River Mart. Its a lovely, quiet Chinese department store. Its a good restroom stop too. Very clean.

4. Re: Hi,all

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:16