We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK airport to Dream Downtown Hotel

Mesa
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
JFK airport to Dream Downtown Hotel

I am traveling to NYC this weekend and want to know the cheapest and quickest way to get from the JFK airport to the Dream Downtown hotel. I am assuming subway or air train, but which one? Which line do I take and where is the closest exit to the hotel? I will be with my sister. How much should I expect to pay for two people?

Mentioned in this post
Dream Downtown
Dream Downtown
3,778 Reviews
New York City, NY
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,053 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Whitestone, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK airport to Dream Downtown Hotel

While you asked for directions, you didn't say where the Dream Downtown that you are going to is, so I looked it up: it's at 355 West 16th Street, near 9th Avenue.

The subway does not go to JFK. The AirTrain is the monorail that connects the airport to the subway, so the answer to your question of "which one do you take?" is "you take BOTH the AirTrain AND the subway.".

Take the AirTrain to Jamaica, and go downstairs into the subway and take the E train towards Manhattan. Get off the E at the 14th Street stop. If you exit near the rear of the train you were on, you should come upstairs near the corner of 16th Street and 8th Avenue. Walk west down that block -- if you are going the right way, the house numbers will increase.

The AirTrain fare is $5.00 per person. Your subway fare depends on whether you have pay-per-ride Metrocards or unlimited 7-day Metrocards.

An explanation of the different types of cards is found here:

http://web.mta.info/metrocard/

Mentioned in this post
Dream Downtown
Dream Downtown
3,778 Reviews
New York City, NY
Jamaica
Jamaica
Queens, NY
Mesa
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK airport to Dream Downtown Hotel

Thank you so much!!!

3. Re: JFK airport to Dream Downtown Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:16