We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passes

Leighton Buzzard...
Level Contributor
27 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Passes

Are the explorer pass or the New York pass worth getting we want to visit a lot of tourist spots but not all the main ones ?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Passes

If just purchased the Explorer pass for 3 attractions (ESB, SOL & Ellis Island, 24 hour 6 bus tours) all the things i want to do. Cost £49 from Attraction Tickets, arrived today. You should look at their site or call them with what you want to see and they either point you in the right direction of a pass or they have ones you can make :) they were very helpful with me :)

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,241 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passes

They aren't generally recommended on the forum, but some people do find them useful.

Often they can cause people to run around doing what is promoted by the pass vs selecting the things that most interest them. Many of the best things to do in NYC are free or low cost and involve exploring on foot (taking subway for longer distances).

For SOL and Ellis Island, if you want Monument or Crown access, you have to book directly. Statuecruises.com Even if you don't, it's better to have a particular time slot booked.

If Empire State Building is a priority, you can book tickets in advance to save a bit of time on the ticket buyer's line. You can do that directly, without buying a larger pass.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,309 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passes

Read this:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c140362/New-Yo…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Passes

We made a spreadsheet of things we wanted to and their prices. We then compared it to passes. For us the Explorer 5 item pass ($119 each) was the best value bit it depends on what you want to do (we're using it for HoHo bus, ESB, totr, ANHM and met museum, they came to about $150 separately)

Nairne
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passes

We just purchased 2 City Passes, I did the same as Loula801, the New York Pass wasn't worth it for us, but the City Pass was. Even though I'm not fussed if we don't get to MoMA, all the other attractions are a definite for us, PLUS a buy one get one free for the Circle Line made it attractive to us.

6. Re: Passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2015, 05:15