We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to the Bronx Rock Garden

Stoney Creek...
Level Contributor
127 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel close to the Bronx Rock Garden

I have friends planning a trip to NYC Oct 16-19th, 3 people and they want to be close to the Bronx gardens. Can anyone recommend an appropriate hotel for them to look at?

Thanks in advance.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to the Bronx Rock Garden

I have heard about a 4 star hotel in the Bronx called Opera House. They have great prices and the hotel seems great....I wouldn't know if it was near the Gardens though.

New York City
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to the Bronx Rock Garden

Do you mean the Bronx Botanical Gardens?, I dont know of a Bronx Rock Garden

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
6,326 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to the Bronx Rock Garden

The Bronx is not noted for wonderful hotels and some of the areas are not so great. You could actually stay in far safer Flushing and take the Q50 bus to the Pelham Bay subway station and then transfer to the Bx12 to Southern Blvd. where the main garden entrance is located near Fordham University. There is the nearby Bronx Park Motel, but this is mainly for "short term usage" if you get my meaning. Of course, you can always stay in Manhattan and take the train from Grand Central to the Botanical Garden station.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to the Bronx Rock Garden

The bus route between Flushing and the Botanical Gardens is painfully slow. I did it once for a lark with my kid and we both regretted it.

The Opera House is the only boutique hotel in the Bronx, a borough sorely short of good hotels, but it's also nowhere near the Botanical Gardens. The nearest hotel to the Gardens is the Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo, which I am absolutely amazed gets glowing reviews. It looks like it's a tidy, well-kept place, and it's in a working-class residential neighborhood right by the Gardens - one block from the entrance!

The bigger issue is that the Gardens are not in a very interesting area. You'll be by the train station which takes you to Grand Central in 20 minutes, but otherwise, you aren't within walking distance of much else beyond the local businesses that serve the working-class neighborhood.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to the Bronx Rock Garden

Agree staying near Grand Central Terminal is a good idea because of easy access to Metro North Harlem line trains that stop at the garden.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to the Bronx Rock Garden

The New York Botanical Garden (which is in The Bronx!) is walking distance to Arthur Avenue..........also known as Little Italy.......

http://www.arthuravenuebronx.com/directions/

http://www.nybg.org/

7. Re: Hotel close to the Bronx Rock Garden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 06:15