We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smart destinations Go Select Pass

N B
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Smart destinations Go Select Pass

Hi, does anybody have any recent reviews of Smart Destinations Go Select Pass? I'm going to New York in November and having done a lot of research this seems to be the best option for me. However I'm a little concerned its too good to be true and since I can only find reviews or questions about this pass from a couple of years ago, I'm reluctant to fork out the money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smart destinations Go Select Pass

Link?

N B
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smart destinations Go Select Pass

Here's the link to Smart Destinations

smartdestinations.com/new-york-attractions-a…

London, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smart destinations Go Select Pass

We used it last time we were in New York. Combined it with Boston, and saved 20%. No problems and we saved a lot of money, so I was happy! :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smart destinations Go Select Pass

I'm using one for my trip in November, I only put a few attractions on it, simply for convenience sake, we wanted one ticket / pass we could keep on us and use, rather than have to print out / have hard copy tickets on us each day.

I can't review on how well it works, but for us (party of 6) it's going to come in handy.

We basically split up our sight seeing into two categories, - timed tickets / open tickets.

we booked anything that was for a set date and or time, directly online and anything we considered open we could visit at any time depending on our plans, we put on the go select pass.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,870 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smart destinations Go Select Pass

The forum is often less than enthusiastic about these passes. NYC is a living, breathing, fabulous city full of many things to do, see and experience that are not "tourist attractions/sites". Many of them are free, or not covered by the passes. The passes often overstate their value (e.g. promises to "skip lines" or a "discount" to something that is pay-what-you-wish)

Too often, people who buy the passes end up running around trying to get their money's worth, visiting all of the "attractions" promoted by the pass (which take time and are spread far and wide), rather than identifying and prioritizing the things they would most enjoy doing and experiencing in NYC.

It is very likely that you will be wanting to do combination of admission-based attractions and "other stuff".

London, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smart destinations Go Select Pass

This particular pass you choose what you put in it, so it's no different from buying individual tickets, apart from the savings of course! You save more the more attractions you add, but we only added 2 NYC attractions, but with the 3 Boston ones we hit the top saving.

Waco, Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smart destinations Go Select Pass

We are planning a trip the week of Thanksgiving and I'm leaning toward the Go Select Pass as well. After plotting out all the things we want to do, and buying some tickets already (SOL pedestal and Rockettes), reserving some walking tours, the things I wanted to do were ESB, TOTR and American Museum of Natural History, we can buy those and only those for 19% discount. Also a big advantage for me is to prepay in the preceding months and not have vacation hangover when the Visa bill comes in in December! I'd be interested in hearing from people who have actually used the pass as well.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
12,596 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smart destinations Go Select Pass

Read this:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c140362/New-Yo…

N B
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smart destinations Go Select Pass

Thanks everyone, this has been really helpful :)

10. Re: Smart destinations Go Select Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 05:16