We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofitel

Manchester
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
Sofitel

Currently have a reservation for Hotel Metro in March but have just seen that Sofitel are offering a non-cancellable bargain deal. Before I bite the bullet and book I have a few queries...

1. Many of the reviews suggest obtaining a loyalty card for late check out, welcome drinks etc - I have applied for one online but will I need to wait until I get it before making the reservation (they ask for the card number) in order to reap the rewards or will an email confirming my number at a later date suffice?

2. I am wondering if the deluxe queen room is realy wprth the extra £120 - I would welcome comments from those who have stayed in both basic and deluxe queens to see if it is worthwhile

Ta

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sofitel

The sizes of both the "premier" (standard) and the deluxe rooms are the same. I believe (can't say for certain since we stayed in a suite) that the difference between the 2 kinds of queen-bedded rooms is simply that the deluxe ones are on the upper floors which improves your odds of having some kind of a view.

Manchester
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sofitel

Ta that is good advice indeed - don't really want to spend another £150 on a view when i xan just go outside.

Does anyone know about the privilege card - should I wait til it turns up before i book or book and then email the hotel to let them know I am a cardholder before i arrive ? (only really want it for late check out!)

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
742 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sofitel

Book your rooms now. Call the hotel and advise them that you have applied for the privilege card.

It took a long time for me to receive my card. I called at least once during this period and was advised it was being processed.

I also reconfirmed my reservation the week prior and verified that my card was on record.

Happy travels!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,917 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sofitel

I would seriously weigh the pros and cons of YOUR particular situation regarding whether you could live with a non-cancellable deal if you had to cancel. They can be a great bargain (Priceline comes to mind), but things happen. To some people, losing the money is a big deal, to others it's just an "oh well" part of doing business.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
742 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sofitel

Oh, I beg your pardon!

I did not catch the non-cancellable part of your question when I posted my reply.

I have to retract my suggestion and thank you, WarmWinds, for pointing that out.

I certainly do not endorse your making a non-cancellable booking.

Yes, indeed, things do happen.

My apologies, said with red face.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,917 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sofitel

Sofibella, don't feel that way at all. It's up to Angelaann to decide if she's comfortable with the risk, and if she is your suggestion to get one of their frequent stayer cards is an excellent one.

7. Re: Sofitel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 02:17