We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on a sunday morning?

Middlesbrough...
4 posts
Save Topic
What to do on a sunday morning?

Sunday 8th October is our first morning in New York and we are looking for something to do.

We have been to New York before have always had something planned for the sunday morning but this year we don't have anything planned so we are looking for something to do just for a few hours since we are planning on seeing a show that afternoon.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Level Contributor
790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on a sunday morning?

This is a good Sunday morning choice:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k723136-…

We just did this, then still had time to walk down to see the World Trade Center site and St. Paul's chapel before heading uptown for a matinee.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on a sunday morning?

How about church?

St. Thomas Episcopal (i.e., Anglican) on Fifth Avenue at 53rd Street is not merely a very beautiful building; has one of the great choirs (of men and boys -- they even have their own residential choir school) of the world. At 11 AM on October 8th they are doing Hassler's "Missa Octo Vocum", and two great Russian choral anthems by Rachmaninoff.

And it's free....

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do on a sunday morning?

A walk in Central Park may be nice, grab a cup of coffee and some breakfast and watch the world go by.

The weekend you are here is Open House NY weekend, check their website in the coming weeks for "free" tours of many of NY's architectural gems. There may be some available on Sunday AM, early PM prior to your show:

This is a great NYC event. I both volunteer and participate and it is truly wonderful, and all free. Hope something can fit into your plans.

www.ohny.org.

Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do on a sunday morning?

Central Park! It's more than just a park. You'll easily get a full morning in there. Once you get in there you'll totally 'get' NY and why people live there. The countryside is in the middle of the city and it's so peaceful and quiet.I was in there on an April morning and watched the sunrise and the park come to life. It's a fascinating place and plenty see there.

What amazed me the most about Central Park was to return home and discover it's all man made. I would never have guessed. Even more Cudos to NY for that.

Have fun!

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
889 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do on a sunday morning?

Breakfast at Sarabeth's and then a visit to the Flea Market at Columbus and 77th for antiques, hand crafted items, baked goods and fresh produce.

Germantown, Tn
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do on a sunday morning?

Tell me more about Sarabeth's mainly location and type of menu. Thanks

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do on a sunday morning?

memphismoe:

home page:

http://www.sarabeth.com/restaurants/

Menus and reviews on Menupages

www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp…

8. Re: What to do on a sunday morning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 16:16