We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 hotels in a week??

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
3 hotels in a week??

Do you think it would be dumb to stay in 3 different hotels in a 7 night stay?? Michelagelo, Trump, and NY Palace?? Or better to just stay mainly at one hotel and then do like just one night in the trump just to say we stayed there lol :-)

Level Contributor
1,621 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 hotels in a week??

I could see maybe 2, but 3??? It seems to me you'd be wasting a lot of time and energy packing and unpacking and moving around.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,520 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 hotels in a week??

It makes no difference what I think. What matters is what YOU think.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 hotels in a week??

i guess i should have clarified that i have a situation lol..here it is:

Im trying to decide what the heck to do..UGh! I have reservations for a room at the michelangelo for 630 a night for dec 5th departing the morning of dec 8th...because they have No rooms for the 8th! Then back again at the michelagelo on the 9th, and 10th. Altho they may be able to find me a room there on the 8th since we are staying so long. ??? So im kinda in limbo for the 8th! The michelangelo is seeing what they can do??? Meanwhile the Palace can get me in on the 8th but only if i stay for at least 3 nights at a rate of 845. ??? sigh. Then on top of it all we wanted to stay at trump at least one night so we have reservation there the night of the 11th for 745 that night. (He has no openings on the 8th either) I dont know what the heck to do!! This is crazy. Is it dumb to just stay one night at the trump towers? We really wanted to stay there at least one night. I would stay maybe two but the michelagelo says we have to stay a long time in order to MAYBE get the room on the 8th! Sigh.

Out of all 3 of these hotels which one is located best for theater shows and the radio city and rockefeller center??? Also am i correct that the trump is closest to natural history museum??

If i had my way i would probably do 5 nights at the michelangelo and then 2 at trump but i dont think the michelangelo will give me a room on the 8th unless i stay longer..sigh.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 hotels in a week??

PS we really didnt want to spend more that 5 or 600 a night so thats why we want the michelangelo. I dont understan whats up with having to stay a certain number of nights to get the 8th! weird

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,520 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 hotels in a week??

I've already told you in another thread that the Michelangelo is closest to the theaters of all the hotels you're considering. I don't think the Palace is necessary in the mix. It's too expensive and doesn't solve your problem for the 8th.

One hotel we haven't mentioned is the Rihga Royal which has just become the London New York with the first Gordon Ramsay restaurant in the US. They seem to have rooms for all your nights at ~$600/night.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,520 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 hotels in a week??

Of the ones you mention, Trump is the closest to Nat. Hist. mus., but that's not saying much. It's still not really that close (20 blocks away).

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 hotels in a week??

hi, as i said the palace CAN get me in on the 8th but only if i stay at least 3 nights but its high priced. Well i thought someone on another thread said that trump was walking distance to the history museum but maybe its not. 20 blocks sounds like a cab ride to me :-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,520 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 hotels in a week??

20 blocks is walkable. It's about 20-25 min. walk. ;)

Think about the time it will take you to check out and check out not to mention packing and unpacking. Seems like a waste to me but others do it all the time.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 hotels in a week??

ps Sorry if i keep asking redundant questions..im just getting confused...Im pretty sure the palace told me on the phone today that they are the closest hotel in town to rockefeller and radio city...maybe im getting that confused with whos closer to broadway theaters???

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 hotels in a week??

You could answer some of your own questions by looking at a map... but I digress... The thing about New York is it is no big deal if one hotel is one or two blocks closer to something. Really, trust me.

The Michelangelo is very close to Rockefeller Plaza. Whiz hit upon a beautiful idea with the Rhiga Royal. Skip the Palace, Alice.

Go with the Mike, the Donald and the Rhiga a//k/a The London. And if you do stay at the Rhiga a//k/a The London, make dinner reservations for Gordon Ramsay's new restaurant the same time you book it. (Hotel guests get first crack at rezzies).