We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mexican restaurant

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
mexican restaurant

hi, we are hoping to go to EL CANTEIRO restaurant at university place between 11th and 12th. Does anyone have a web site address for the restaurant and directions to get there from the Millennium Hilton on Church Street.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mexican restaurant

Take the #4 or #5 Train at Fulton Street uptown to Union Square-14th Street.

Walk west along 14th Street to University, and then make a left. Walk 2 blocks.

(Ordinarily, you'd take the R or W train uptown from Cortlandt Street, directly in front of your hotel, but that station is closed until Spring 2007.)

You can find info on El Cantinero (and most NYC restaurants) on Menupages, Yelp and Citysearch.

The reviews on Menupages and Yelp are pretty good, but I see the reviews on Citysearch are terrible lately, just so you know. Well, I was just there in the summer, and I've always had nice chile rellenos there, and good service, so I can't explain that. Go at your own risk, I suppose?

www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp…

www.yelp.com/biz/LyCE268_fz_MAZieFZY1lA

http://newyork.citysearch.com/review/7087347

You can find subway directions on Hopstop.

www.hopstop.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mexican restaurant

hi me again. I think i apwllws the name of the restaurant incorrectly. It should be EL CANTENIERO and the address is 89 University place between 11th and 12. Any help with the directions and web page thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mexican restaurant

thanks for your help. will look up the sites you recommend. I have friends who ate at el canteniero and they loved it so we look forward to it too

New York, NY
Level Contributor
878 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mexican restaurant

if you're in that area, another mexican restaurant i personally recommend over el cantinero is mexicana mama. they opened a new location at 47 e. 12th street btween university place and broadway. they used to just be in the west village.

www.savorynewyork.com/wiki/Mexicana_Mama

events.nytimes.com/mem/nycreview.html…

5. Re: mexican restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 12:19