We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

Anyone know if there`s a place I can watch the game on Sunday morning in NYC? Thks!

1. Re: Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2006, 20:52
Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

The Rangers are a hockey team, the Celtics are a basketball team - they do NOT play each other!

Poppa

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

If you're talking about US teams, those two are in different sports, hockey and basketball, as Poppa said, and don't play against each other. Also, they don't play in the mornings. Usually afternoon or evening games. Most sports bars will show games.

If those are names of UK soccer/football or rugby teams, there are many bars that show UK sports.

Here's a good list of bars:

http://jimmysbest.com/ipg/sportsontv.htm

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

Sorry, I should`ve been more specific!

Let me try that one again...

Anyone know if there`s a place I can watch Glasgow Rangers v Glasgow Celtic soccer match on Sunday (playing, I think 3am NYC time)

My hotel is on E44st/Lexington so anywhere close..Irish bars etc?

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

That's more like it - many bars/pubs have satellite tv, GOOGLE in nycpubs for a listing.

Poppa

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

Thanks Queens, there`s a few possibles on that site!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

smiley - there are plenty of Irish bars/pubs near you! I can't think of specifics, but Third Avenue and Second Ave, from the 30s through the 50s is dotted with bars.

The Jimmy's Best website has a clickable map.

Another good pub website is Murphguide, that lists bars by neighborhood.:

www.murphguide.com

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

3am New York time is 8am Scottish time, that's too early. Assuming you're wrong with that time, and I think you are and it's at a normal time in Scotland, a lot of bars will have it.

St Helens England
Level Contributor
166 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

Its a 12.30pm kick off on Sunday so that should be 7.30am kick off in NY so thats a bit more reasonable..

Now all i have to do is find a place thats showing Liverpool vs Watford on the 23rd at 10.00am... (a massive game, not..!!!.)

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rangers v Celtic Match this Sunday

The Red Lion in Greenwich Village will have games that early, so will Nevada Smiths and a bunch of other bars. There are plenty of bars in New York that show soccer.