We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend advise

Level Contributor
389 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend advise

We are planning to come into the city Jan 19-Jan21. Would like to stay in the Midtown area (I think!) We live in NJ so I don't know if we'd drive (due to parking or not!) We will probably go to TKTS for tickets to a show. Any recommendations for a show would be great. Would like a decent hotel for around $150. is that possible and if so, where?? THANKS in advance!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend advise

My friends are going to see Chorus Line this weekend;they are staying @ Holiday Inn in Chelsea(new,near 28th street-I don't know anything about except they got a great low rate,at short notice-they are only staying Thurs-Sun.;I'll report back after they let me know).

waukesha, wisconsin
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend advise

Check out applecorehotels.com. My sister and I are staying at one of their hotels this upcoming weekend. They offer budget friendly hotels under brands like Ramada, Comfort Inn and Super 8. They have 5 locations in Manhattan, you'd have to check their website for exact locations.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend advise

thanks,inpro-let us know about your experience...

when my husband & I stay in City we spend too much on hotel(Sheraton,Marriott,Hyatt),but are there typically for conferences,and get okay deals...but,when I visit with my adult daughters,I would like to save $$ on hotel room,spend it on shopping for girls!!

but we want to be safe & comfortable,in good location.

upstate ny
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend advise

I agree with inpro. Check out applecore. We stayed at a Ramada on the East side (i think around 28th and 3rd ) last yr in Jan. It was a nice area, nice hotel and a good rate (under 150). A friend of mine stayed at the Hampton Inn that is in the midtown area (in the 30's maybe)...I apologize for vagueness. She liked it and it was conveniently located. Hampton Inn's also have the complementary breakfast buffet. It's not as great as a NYC bagel and schmeer, but it's a convenience. A hotel that is more out of the way but with good rates is the Holiday Inn on 57th. I've stayed there for around 119 a night...reasonable parking rate. But it is more out of the way (around 10th ave). The Sheraton Manhattan is very nice but pricey. If you join the Starwood hotel membership program (free), they will email you promotions from time to time. Recently they had double double rooms as low as 179....rack rate closer to 300. A convenient location. The rates might be a little higher that weekend because it is a holiday weekend, but you never know.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
307 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend advise

Call Millenium Hotels and Resorts toll free at 866-866-8086 and ask for rates at The Millenium Broadway Hotel. I checked the dates you mentioned. Ask for the Travelzoo promotion rate and you`ll get the first and third nights for $159 and the 2nd night for $199. This may be a little over budget for you but this is a remarkable value or NYC. This promotion offers an upgrade to a superior room on the upper floors. This is a beautiful 4-star hotel. It`s also in an unbelieveable location just off of Times Square. Ask for a corner room overlooking Times Square. You`ll get floor to ceiling rooms with amazing views. The best rooms are those ending in 01 (Room 5001 for example). These are the largest rooms, with a wider expanse of windows. Don`t pass up this deal.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
307 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend advise

Call Millenium Hotels and Resorts toll free at 866-866-8086 and ask for rates at The Millenium Broadway Hotel. I checked the dates you mentioned. Ask for the Travelzoo promotion rate and you`ll get the first and third nights for $159 and the 2nd night for $199. This may be a little over budget for you but this is a remarkable value or NYC. This promotion offers an upgrade to a superior room on the upper floors. This is a beautiful 4-star hotel. It`s also in an unbelieveable location just off of Times Square. Ask for a corner room overlooking Times Square. You`ll get floor to ceiling rooms with amazing views. The best rooms are those ending in 01 (Room 5001 for example). These are the largest rooms, with a wider expanse of windows. Don`t pass up this deal.

7. Re: Weekend advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 10:22