We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please need information

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Topic
please need information

i hope you dont think iam crazy but i need this one for my sons homework.......... does anybody know who name the united states of america??????...........gracias amigos ........zzaa

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: please need information

The phrase "United States of America" was first used officially in the Declaration of Independence. It was not written by an individual person.

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
352 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please need information

Americus Vespucci, Italian explorer, explored both North America and south America.

In 1507 a pamphlet was published called "The Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci". Author unknown. In it, it was suggested that the new land he had explored be named in his honor.

3. Re: please need information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 20:20