We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

I will be coming to NYC for the day with the NJ transit train. my checking to the hotel will be late, around 5 pm. I want to shop, walk down Times Square, etc. where can I drop off my suitcase for a few hours?

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

You can't.

Drop it off with your hotel. They'll hold it for you. You'll have to tip the guy.

NYC
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

There is a Locker Rental store on 35th street between 7th and broadway who will hold your luggage for $5 a day each. I dropped my gym bag there before going on an interview, and they are really friendly and inexpensive. their website is www.jsrentalocker.com and thier phone number is 212- 947-0026. I hope this helps and enjoy NYC!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
307 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

As a previous poster has said, you can check the bag at your hotel, but don`t be shy about asking for early check-in. If the hotel wasn`t sold out the previous night or if housekeeping has tended to rooms with early check-outs, they may very well have a room available for you. I`ve been able to check-in as early as 9:am on some occasions.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

Always go directly to your hotel, if they can they will check you in early (I manage a small hotel and it's easier for the hotel to get you into your room as soon as you get here, so if we don't it really is because we can't). The only exception may be if you got there at 3 or 4 AM. And they should take your luggage for you. (a small thank you tip is nice - but not everyone does so, so don't worry about it)

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
739 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

What would be the appropriate tip for three or four pieces of luggage ( none in the steamer trunk category!)?

NY, NY
Level Contributor
134 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

A dollar per bag is a good gauge - unless the hotel has a luggage storage fee and then I would just add a couple of dollars to the handler.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
739 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

Thank you, Lulubelle!

Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

In the end I dropped off my suitcases at J & S Rent-A-Locker right next to Macy's. I was very happy with thier customer service, and I would definitely recommend them. They are open 8am-11pm and they charge $5 a bag for the whole day.

9. Re: Where can I drop off my luggage in Midtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 03:19