We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any other websites like dining fever?

london,uk
Level Contributor
296 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any other websites like dining fever?

Hi i have recentley found the website dining fever which offers various discounts on ny restaurants? are there any other sites like this? thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any other websites like dining fever?

I'd never seen that kaz. Some of those are good deals. I'm usually cynical about those things as they're often for restaurants I wouldn't want to go to, but some of the dining fever ones look good!

There are a few seasonal promotions going on now. seasonofsavings.com

has lot of discounts good thru the end of Feb.

There are some here if you use your American Express card

www.nycvisit.com/PaintTownSearch/index.cfm…

You also sometimes find specials at playbill.com (if you register for free) for restaurants.

london,uk
Level Contributor
296 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any other websites like dining fever?

Hi nywhizz, i have thought about mentioning this site before but just asumed everybody would of heard of it, it seems to have a good selection from casual to fine dining, with offers like 20% of the entire bill it makes a difference.

London
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any other websites like dining fever?

Have any others been discovered since this post was originally put up? Toptable allegedly cover NYC, but seem to have only three deals...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any other websites like dining fever?

I'm sure there are loads but I'd be very careful about buying coupons now for a Nov. trip. In this economy restaurants close, things change, restaurants that may be accepting coupons now may not be by November. If you want gifts for meals, I'd get gift certificates directly from the restaurants or good old fashioned cash. (Maybe in dollars?) American Express and Visa also sell gift cards but I've heard of problems using them and would not recommend that.

consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/amex_gift_c…

London
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any other websites like dining fever?

Thanks.

I was thinking of looking closer to the time - but I like to get prepared and looking at food options!

Anyone know any other options?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any other websites like dining fever?

Check out restaurant.com and the Entertainment Book website.

7. Re: Any other websites like dining fever?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 07:18