We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York end March/early Aprilwith 16 year old daughter

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
New York end March/early Aprilwith 16 year old daughter

Have never visited New York, how long would you suggest to do all the major sights and shopping (I thought about 5 nights?).Best hotel location? What are the best shows on at the moment? Lots of questions, would appreciate some help on this.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York end March/early Aprilwith 16 year old daughter

I'm taking my 14 year old daughter the first week in April (Thurs-Monday) and I've received a lot of great advice on this forum. Do a search on "teens" and just browse around some. We are going to Mary Poppins and Wicked ( I hear Wickid is fabulous!). I wish we were staying another night as I've already filled our schedule and I would love to spend a time visting Columbia University and have more down-time. My preliminary itenerary is on here but I don't know how to cut and paste the link. Good luck!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York end March/early Aprilwith 16 year old daughter

Here is a collection of triop reports written by families visiting with teenagers. Most were first time visitors, short visits. (Better posts start on second page)

Go ahead and steal an itinerary!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k473200-… Collection_of_trip_reports_from_families_with_TEENAGERS-

Coral Springs FL
Level Contributor
741 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York end March/early Aprilwith 16 year old daughter

QB:

I was so excited to see my post from last April on your list!

I just read it and wow!!! We did do a lot!! LOL...

Thanks for including me.

Lisa

4. Re: New York end March/early Aprilwith 16 year old daughter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 02:17