We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good shoe stores?????

Belfast, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Good shoe stores?????

Hi,

Anyone know any good shoe shops in NY (I am sure there are many), I'm 25 years old and have an addiction to killer stilleto's??

I'm not sure if I can stretch the budget to Monolo's or jimmy choos, but would love to know if there is a really nice shoe boutique or shop, which I didn't find on my last visit.

Ideas of where to go for affordable every day glamour (similar to riverisland or oasis in the uk)???

www.riverisland.com

Thanks

xx

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,804 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good shoe stores?????

For real designer shoes at discounted prices, try Century 21. Gabay is another possibility and Loehmann's and Daffy's also have shoe depts. DSW is a discount shoe dept. store that has lots of diff. stuff but generally not the hi end designers.

For clothing, there's a string of stores along Fifth Ave. in the teens that include A/X Armani, L'Express, Club Monoco. Start at 21 st. where you'll find Otto Tootsi Plowhound (funky shoes) and head south.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good shoe stores?????

When i went last year barneys had a shoe sale on and the manolos werent to expensive then,, just a matter of what sizes they have left, the pairs i liked never had my size,, they had other designers to

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good shoe stores?????

Check out the three-page list at this link:

http://nymag.com/weddings/listings/shoes/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,273 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good shoe stores?????

I just mentioned a place for someone here looking for wedding shoes. Costanza Basto on Hudson Street (its south of 14th, on the west side of Hudson - but I'm not sure which block. The most gorgeous shoes I own!

They're more in the $200 range than the Manolo/Jimmy Choo level.

They have strappy crystal-encrusted wedding shoes, but also gorgeous leather shoes.

If you're doing the stores on Bleeker Street, this is around the corner on Hudson.

Bronx
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good shoe stores?????

Fordham Road, The Bronx.

New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good shoe stores?????

8th Street in the Village, between Fifth and Sixth avenues. There are close to a dozen shoe stores on this street alone. Not to mention a Grey's Papaya on the corner.

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good shoe stores?????

I'd agree with the poster above to try bloomingdales also. There was a sale on when I was there too and I got a couple of pairs of monolos. Century 21 also had some shoes which would be like the ones in river island

New York
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good shoe stores?????

If you love shoes go into Jeffrey on 14th st. between 9th and 10th ave. and then Christian Louboutin at 59 Horation St. That is a couple of blocks from Jeffrey.

The shoes in both are very, very expensive. But if you love shoes it's worth it to look just to see the beautiful shoes. With Jeffrey's you never know, you may hit on a good sale.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good shoe stores?????

DSW near Ground Zero had plenty of high end stuff. If they're $600+ in DSW I'd hate to see what the retail price is!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good shoe stores?????

Try to get a hold of this weeks inssue of New York Magazine, they have a great section on shoes.

February 12th issue.