We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a night out in Cedar City

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
a night out in Cedar City

We (middle aged couple - but young at heart) are travelling from England to do a road trip to Utah National Parks in September and planned on a couple of night in Cedar City, although we are not party animals we don't want to be in bed by 11pm!

Are there any places to get a drink after 10pm

Any tips would really help us decide whether or not to stay. Or are there other cities where we would find a lively atmosphere?

Kev & Vee - Nottingham

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a night out in Cedar City

I hope you will be there for the Shakespeare Festival! Dates are limited in September. We have visited Cedar City twice for plays, and would like to return. Sorry, I can't really say whether there is much of a night life there. You will love Utah!

http://www.bard.org/index.html

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,999 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a night out in Cedar City

There are a few bars in Cedar where they are able to serve beer till 1am. I personally don't know when those bars close,,,they could close earlier.

But realize that Cedar is a small town and not into late night revelries. If you have to have that then I would recommend Mesquite NV to stay. It is not convienient to the parks though, so you may have to chose which you came all the way here to see.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a night out in Cedar City

Thanks both for the info - live close to ( by your terms) Stratford on Avon so able to overdose on Shakespeare!

Cedar City sounds like it should be OK - we don't want to go clubbing all night - just have a relaxing beer after a meal - we are on holiday after all!

Really looking forward to visiting the parks, we have spent a couple of months in California & Oregon but we haven't experienced this kind of landscape yet.

Thanks again

Kev & Vee

utah
Level Contributor
386 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a night out in Cedar City

Cedar City is a great town for sightseeing, not so much for dining and entertainment. There are a few bars, you have to "sponsered" means you buy someone a drink and pay a nominal fee. not real great atmosphere either. Best bet would be Cedar Creek Restaraunt, one of the few restaraunts that sells alcohol. Mesquite would offer more, so would St. George. Personally, I would rather have a quiet drink on the patio/balcony of room maybe overlooking the mountains! Where are you staying?

There is a newplace, havent tried yet. It is called the Bard, at the Crystal Inn.

5. Re: a night out in Cedar City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 17:21