We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

girls weekend in little rock area

edmond, oklahoma
Level Contributor
120 posts
396 reviews
Save Topic
girls weekend in little rock area

I am looking for a nice hotel with spa and shopping nearby for a girls weekend - any recommendations out there?

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: girls weekend in little rock area

To my knowledge, there are no hotels in Little Rock with spas. I've just looked through the yellow pages and don't see any mentioned in conjunction with a hotel. In my opinion, the most fun area of Little Rock to stay would be downtown in the River Market area, but the shopping there is limited and doesn't include clothing.

The best shopping areas for clothing are either in the mid-town area, (and there really aren't any good hotels there), or the west side of town, which is spread out over a wide area but does have a number of chain hotels.

edmond, oklahoma
Level Contributor
120 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: girls weekend in little rock area

Thanks,

I suppose there are some good spas in the area, just not in hotels. So maybe we'll go that route.

What about the McCain Mall? I've seen more recommendations for that over other ones. Anything that an 18 yr old girl would enjoy would be what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: girls weekend in little rock area

The Embassy Suites in West Little Rock might be a good location. From there you can find stores along Chenal Parkway, (my wife likes a place called Chico's) and you can drive a very few miles to the new Mid-Town stores at Markham and University (several high-end chains), across the street to Dillard's and the Park Plaza Mall, and you could venture up University to Kavanaugh 'the Heights' where there are some unique locally owned shops. I am definitely no expert in this field, but my wife likes a 'spa' in the Heights called Caracalla 501-280-0866.

Little Rock...
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
332 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: girls weekend in little rock area

The best mall in Little Rock is Park Plaza. McCain Mall has become tired and needs a facelift. As for a spa, my wife is also a fan of Caracalla. For a hotel consider Markham House Suites. It's right down the street from Park Plaza and the new MidTowne Center.

http://www.markhamhousesuites.com/

parkplazamall.com/shop/parkplaza.nsf/index

http://www.midtownelittlerock.com/

http://www.caracalla.com/

edmond, oklahoma
Level Contributor
120 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: girls weekend in little rock area

Okay, I like the look of those sites you gave me. I am feeling like the River Market district might just be a fun thing to do on the side, instead of staying down there.

Thanks also for the heads up on McCain!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: girls weekend in little rock area

I would recommend Arkansas Healing Arts. It's a wonderful and affordable experience in Pavillion in the Park. I usually do a student massage every time I return home for $35/hr.

If you do go there, I'd recommend lunch at Trio's...has a green canopy when you enter.

I would definitely recommend Park Plaza as the better mall.

Unfortunately shopping is pretty limited there and you won't find many unique shops other than 'the heights' area.

If you are in that area stop in to Faux Paux. it's a great jewelry store. There are also several more in the area that are unique!

I'd recommend staying in the River Market area. There's more to do within walking distance.

Eat Lunch at Sticky Fingers for me!!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: girls weekend in little rock area

For a very nice, delicious dinner go to Sir Loins Inn on the NLR side of the bridge!

It's absolutely delicious and a family favorite for any special occasions. I've gone there for 20 years of my life and is also a 'must do' when I travel home from Dallas.

Little Rock...
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
332 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: girls weekend in little rock area

Andream I hate to break the news to you but Sir Loins Inn is no more.

edmond, oklahoma
Level Contributor
120 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: girls weekend in little rock area

I've been gone at scout camp - thanks for the continuing information

!

Thank you for the suggestions. I am also considering staying in Conway at a B&B, and trying out a spa there, since it is closer. Then if we decide we have to shop, we could drive in to Little Rock. Anyone tried Conway?

Little Rock...
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
332 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: girls weekend in little rock area

I can't imagine why you'd want to drive all the way from Edmond to stay in Conway. Conway is a college town and a bedroom community for Little Rock. It's a nice place but not what you would consider a destination for spas, shopping or entertainment.

Get answers to your questions about Little Rock