We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near North Little Rock

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near North Little Rock

We will be stopping at Little Rock on a cross-country trip. We are looking for a nice hotel, probably in North Little Rock? However, most hotel reviews were not very good. We want it clean and safe.

Want to stay under $80/night if possible. Our previous stop is Memphis and we will be heading to Branson, MO next.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near North Little Rock

North Little Rock is only about 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Memphis, depending upon traffice on I-40. If you wanted to get a bit closer to Branson that day, you might want to drive past North LR a bit--just a thought. Conway would be another 30 to 40 minutes away, if you're just looking for a decent town to sleep in for the night. I don't have any specific recommendations for Conway but would guess you could find some decent hotels in your price range. It's a college town, so just avoid graduation weekends.

As for North Little Rock, I know there are some nice hotels off the Springhill Road exit. Can't think of the names right now b/c it's been a while since I've been out there. This particular area has become more developed in the past few years, so most hotels are fairly new.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near North Little Rock

Oops. We'll be coming from Huntsville, AL. But I think we planned on swinging through Memphis...

I read on another post there wasn't much to do in Little Rock on Sundays, and it really is just a place to stop in between other things.

3. Re: Hotel near North Little Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2008, 17:21
Little Rock...
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
325 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near North Little Rock

If you're going from Memphis to Branson why are you going through Little Rock? Although a previous poster doesn't seem to know much about Little Rock, and usually I don't discourage travelers from visiting the city, if you're just passing through I advise you to take another route. Get on Google maps and look at this plan:

Take I-40W. out of Memphis to I-55N

Stay on I-55 to the junction with US-63N

Take 63N until it merges with US-62W at Imboden

Proceed on 63W to Harrison where you'll pick up US-65N

65N will take you North to Branson, MO.

This route is around 300 miles and should take six hours or so. By taking this route you avoid I-40 between Memphis and Little Rock which has very heavy truck traffic and is a not a particularly interesting drive. The route will also take you through some of Arkansas's most beautiful regions.

If you don't want to drive all the way to Branson, lodging in your price range will be available in Harrison.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near North Little Rock

I agree, if you can avoid the memphis hwy to little rock, I would...

ANd northern areas of arkansas are really beautiful..

Harrison is realy close to branson, So staying there might be pointless.

And lodging in branson is alot cheaper...

There might be some smaller town on the way from memphis to stay in that would be better if you go the route the above poster suggest.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near North Little Rock

I think that's what we'll do. We'll go straight from Huntsville, AL to Branson, MO. Then we may be able to avoid Memphis as well...

Maybe I just needed to talk through the plans and get reassurance. Thank you everyone!!!

7. Re: Hotel near North Little Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 05:25