We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do

Which Little Rock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Things to do

Will be going to Little Rock to meet family...July 10 - 12..need a hotel with a great swimming pool..nothing real expensive, cause I'm paying for everything...bringing 2 little ones...4 yrs. and 18 mo...and there Mom...they love to swim...so that's a big factor...also some interesting things to do with them and places to eat...Like I say, I'm paying for everything...so have to watch the budget....Someone mentioned the Peabody, to watch the ducks come down...would love all of your info...thanks....

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do

Little Rock has several national hotel chains and many have pools. I know the Embassy Suites in West Little Rock has a pool and has the free breakfast. I'm not sure if they would meet your budget requirements or not, though. There's a fairly new Hampton Inn (free breakfast) on Shackelford Road--not sure if it's got a pool or not. Also on Shackelford is a Wingate Inn. I don't know about a pool there either but thought you could google both of these for more information. They might be a bit more budget friendly. These are both in West Little Rock.

The Peabody ducks come down to the lobby every day at 11 a.m. and leave at 5 p.m. Either show is fun to see and your kids are at good ages to enjoy it. It tends to be busier/more crowded on weekends so get there a bit early if you want to get up close. I've been at different times and never felt it was overly crowded.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do

I agree with Lee4 in all the advice. Embassy is the best suburban hotel with pool and the most fun, with glass elevators, atrium, free cooked breakfasts etc but is also pricier than the more bargain hotels. Below is a list which comes up for hotels in Little Rock with pools. Of these, I suggest you take a look at the Wingate. It has mixed reviews but has a pool, and is affordable and well located in west Little Rock where I suggest you might want to stay. That said, head downtown at your earliest opportunity. See the Peabody ducks like Lee suggests, then ask how to get to the park in back along the river. A short stroll east from the Peabody in Riverfront Park is a new playground with water features which your kids will love. They may have fun on the pedestrian bridge next to the playground. Stop in the River Market nearby for a budget lunch in their food court - no chains, only local owners but very good and affordable. Then head next door to Discovery Museum, a kids science museum with a toddler area. They should have fun there. The zoo is not the best in the world but is worth a visit. It is only 10 - 15 minutes away from the market.

Local business results for hotels with swimming pools near Little Rock, AR

A. Holiday Inn Express Little Rock-Airport Hotel - www.hiexpress.com - (877) 863-4780 - 28 reviews

B. Courtyard Little Rock West - marriott.com - (800) 264-0382 - 70 reviews

C. Little Rock Wingate by Wyndham Hotels - www.wingatehotels.com - (501) 227-6800 - 34 reviews

D. Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown at the Clinton Library Little Rock - www.comfortinn.com - (501) 687-7700 - 74 reviews

E. Doubletree Hotel Little Rock - www.doubletree.com - (501) 372-4371 - 89 reviews

F. Ramada Little Rock - www.ramada.com - (501) 221-7666 - 25 reviews

G. La Quinta Inn Little Rock Medical Center Area - www.lq.com - (800) 531-5900 - 76 reviews

H. Hilton Little Rock Metro Center, Ar - www.hilton.com - (501) 664-5020 - 43 reviews

I. La Quinta Inn-Little Rock West - www.lq.com - (501) 224-0900 - 50 reviews

J. Residence Inn Little Rock - marriott.com - (501) 312-0200 - 100 reviews

Texas
Level Contributor
323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do

I've stayed at quite a few hotels in LR during business travel and the Embassy Suites in West LR is my vote for sure. The Peabody is also nice.

Little Rock...
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
312 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do

Another possibility, beside the ones mentioned by jimjade, is the Wyndham Riverfront in North Little Rock. This hotel is located just over the Main Street bridge and is on the trolley line which runs through the River Market district in Little Rock.

I've never stayed there but have eaten in the restaurants on site. It gets good Trip Advisor reviews and does have a pool. I'd check it out on line before making a decision.

The Embassy Suites is a nice hotel but is too far from the main areas of interest in Little Rock. The Wyndham, on the other hand, is located so that you would not need your automobile.

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

5. Re: Things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Little Rock