We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good bbq restaurant inear River Market

Which Little Rock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
641 reviews
Save Topic
Good bbq restaurant inear River Market

Can anyone tell me the name of a good bbq restaurant near the River Market? Thank you.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good bbq restaurant inear River Market

Will you have a car? Whole Hog is my favorite barbeque restaurant and one of the most popular restaurants in town. It is 5-7 minutes by car from the river market but it is not walkable.

Whole Hog Cafe

www.wholehogcafe.com

2516 Cantrell Road Little Rock ...

(501) 664-5025

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good bbq restaurant inear River Market

Yes, we will have a car. Thank you

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good bbq restaurant inear River Market

It began in this same Cantrell road storefront a few years back. Some local businessmen were making the barbeque contest circuit mostly in southern cities as a hobby and they won their first try, the story goes, and just kept winning. Their trophies are on display. They did not have intent on opening shop but were persuaded and now there are about three locations locally and more around the State - but it does not have the feel of a chain. Reasonable pricing and pleasant staff and now grown to about three storefronts. Unlike some Memphis "dry" barbeque, Arkansas barbeque is "wet." Every table has 6 sauces in unlimited portions. I like #2 with a little of #3 mixed in - but I suggest you do a sample of each and figure out your favorite. Don't be put off by long lines at noon - it moves amazingly fast.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good bbq restaurant inear River Market

Thank you very much for the information !

5. Re: Good bbq restaurant inear River Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 20:40