We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fun family restuarant near Mandalay Bay resort

Which Ventura hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
468 posts
Save Topic
fun family restuarant near Mandalay Bay resort

Hi

we will be spending an April weekend at the Mandalay Bay SUites resort in Oxnard, and were looking for a fun family restaurant for an early dinner/late lunch - casual, maybe with a water view, Variety of foods like burgers, mexican, salads, etc. Is there a nice restaurant on the harbor. I think there used to be a harbor village type area. Its been 20 years since we've been in the area! Thanks for the help

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: fun family restuarant near Mandalay Bay resort

Alot of the restaurants these people are talking about are closed. There is no longer the Chart House. It has closed down and in it's place is Joe's Crab Shack. Which is like a seafood Chuck E. Cheese that I don't recommend to anyone unless you have small children and don't care that you pay high prices for crappy seafood. Hornblowers is also closed down. In that harbor you have a mexican food restaurant, Greek restaurant, sushi, Andrea's (which is good, but very casual), French and a breakfast house.

Eric's on the pier is nice as well as Aloha Steakhouse(they are next door to each other).

For your family, I would try Margartiaville(Mexican) and Andria's (Seafood). Good luck.

california
Level Contributor
21 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: fun family restuarant near Mandalay Bay resort

Memers,

I noticed someone commented that Joe's Crab Shack is like Chuck E. Cheese and I disagree. I imagine you weren't looking for a high end restaurant anyway, and the seafood there is good. The atmosphere is really fun and would be a good family restaurant. Which places did you end up going to? I hope you had a great trip! Nan