We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Ventura this week...what to do?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Ventura this week...what to do?

Hey all!

We are spending a week in Ventura and are looking for some fun! I just read most of the posts and have a few questions.

Bike rentals: which company should we rent from? is there a nice bike trail and how long is it?

Hiking: any specific hikes you recc?

Farms: are there any nice farms (preferably organic) nearby that we can "interact" with?

Harbor Hopper Boats: Where exactly do we catch these boats from and are they still running in Nov? Do you need a reservation or how do they work? Which restaurants do they take you to?

Live music: anything going on?

When is the Harvest Art Walk?

Anything else we should know about? We are spending one day out on Santa Cruz Island and will be checking out the Mission.

Thanks mucho!

Lavendula

www.roadtrip.cc

Chandler, AZ
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Ventura this week...what to do?

There is a bike trail (@18 miles) from Ventura to Ojai. I am not sure which company to rent a bike from. Where are you staying? If you are into hiking I would suggest the ride up HWY 33 to Ojai (beautiful!). There is a trail the locals there can point you to called "Shelf Road" . The road loops around the mountains above the town. You can park downtown (try Ruben's burritos) and hike from there. More scenic hiking is located off up in the mountains off HWY 33. While your in Ventura be sure to drive up Seaward to the beach...and have lunch at Joannafina's. The beach at the end of Seaward is pretty nice. Are you going to the Ventura mission or Santa Barbara? The area around the Ventura mission is full of little shops. We used to like to drive from Ventura (through Oxnard) and connect to the PCH and drive up the coast to Santa Monica. Be sure to stop at Neptune's Net (at County Line) for a drink, lunch, or whatever...it's a funky surf shack landmark. ...then of course there's Gladstone's at the end of Sunset and PCH...I think many of my vacations center around food. You will have a great time in the Ventura area! There is so much to do.

2. Re: Staying in Ventura this week...what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 12:20