We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rimrock Adventures Raft Trips

Illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rimrock Adventures Raft Trips

We are trying to decide whether we should take one of the following raft trips offered by Rimrock Adventures:

Colorado River: Ruby and Horsethief Canyons - On this tour you will float through twenty-five miles of towering red sandstone canyons. You will see huge boulders of Precambrian schist, and you will visit pictographs from the Fremont Indian culture. All-day tour.

Colorado River: Blue Heron Run - This nine-mile trip takes you through some spectacular scenery on the Colorado River and through the Canadian Goose flyway and includes a series of small rapids. If it's hot, there is time for a refreshing swim in the river. Three-hour tour.

It would be much easier to fit the three-hour trip into our schedule, but I'm wondering if the Ruby and Horsethief Canyons are much more scenic than the Blue Heron Run.

Thanks for any advice you can give about the scenery in these areas.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rimrock Adventures Raft Trips

I vote Ruby and Horsethief Canyons - just amazing scenery, plus the canyons and pictographs are so cool. Beside don't you remember what happen to the skipper and his crew when they went on a three hour tour??? LOL Have Fun!

Illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rimrock Adventures Raft Trips

1FourFun - Thanks, that's what I was afraid of! I had a feeling the all-day tour would have spectacular scenery. And you're right, the three-hour tour sounds a bit risky. Hopefully, there aren't too many deserted islands to be stranded on in Colorado.

3. Re: Rimrock Adventures Raft Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 06:33
Get answers to your questions about Fruita