We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colorado National Monument Trip Report with Pictures!

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
138 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Colorado National Monument Trip Report with Pictures!

…blogspot.com/2010/08/colorado-national-monu…

Visit my blog for my trip report to Colorado National Monument. Lots more like Glacier, Yellowstone, Great Basin. Let me know what you think and thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Colorado National Monument
Colorado National...
1,438 Reviews
Fruita, CO
Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colorado National Monument Trip Report with Pictures!

I really enjoyed reading your blog, as we are visiting Colorado in a few weeks.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
138 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colorado National Monument Trip Report with Pictures!

Welcome. And enjoy your trip, Colorado is awesome.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colorado National Monument Trip Report with Pictures!

So glad you enjoyed one of the hidden gems of Western CO. Thanks for the blog. I love to watch the birds catch the thermals, especially at Cold Shivers Point. On good days their flights seem endless. WewaGal, hope you also have a great trip.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colorado National Monument Trip Report with Pictures!

Is the Scenic Rim Rock Drive safe for pick-up truck campers? I'm concerned that the high-profile of our camper may prevent us from driving this beautiful road. Thanks.

Bette

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colorado National Monument Trip Report with Pictures!

You should be fine, the climb can be a little steep at some points if your engine is not tuned to the higher altitude's thinner air but just turn off the a/c, take it out of over drive and you should be fine. There is a nice campground on top of the monument, stargazing is awesome up there since it's nice and dark. The folks with high powered telescopes do special programs there when there are meteor showers or alignment of planets, etc. The link for campground info is …nps.gov/colm/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm. Hope your trip is great, fall is arriving here. Our aspen trees in our yard are starting to show signs of turning and the cottonwoods along the CO river between Fruita and Grand Junction are also showing some yellow. Hope fall lasts a long, long time - it is so great around here then.

Mentioned in this post
Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Colorado National Monument Trip Report with Pictures!

Thank you SusieLou. Fall color?? Something I hadn't thought about in Utah.,,,,,what a nice bonus. I appreciate your reply. We're leaving home next Monday and are looking forward to touring beautiful southern Utah.

Bette

Mentioned in this post
Utah
Utah
United States
7. Re: Colorado National Monument Trip Report with Pictures!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Fruita