We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fruita or Grand Junction

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Fruita or Grand Junction

Where to go for dinosaurs ...? We are travelling through Grand Junction and Fruita in July '06 with 3 children (6yrs, 8yrs, 9yrs) and are confused with the info. on Dinosaur museums in these towns. Where is Dinosaur Discovery Museum? Also, I don't want an expensive/formal day's dig (as they don't all want to do it) and want to know which musuem might be the best alternative - interactive, hands-on, realistic noises, possibly working labs. We are staying in GJ and would ideally like a day there, then a morning at Fruita. Any suggestions would be great. from B.I.K.E.S.

Arizona
Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fruita or Grand Junction

the interactive museum is the one in fruita. i think it is called dinaosaur disc. museum. the best one is vernal, utah with a inside museum and the quarry trip to see it if thats on your flight plan. its called a dinosaur triangle passport. grand junction to vernal and around. the fruita museum has that info. near the fruita museum, there are 2 small hikes. not quarry's but you can see where bones were once found and such. riggs hill is the one in g.j. this is a small town here, so going from gj to fruita takes no time.

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fruita or Grand Junction

Hi RXTEMP

Thanks for the reply - I already know about the Dinosaur NP in Vernal but we're going from Denver-way to Moab and time doesn't really allow. Also, their Day Digs may not suit all our 3 kids - it's a long time if it's v. hot and not interesting for them. It's quite costly too because an adult has to go too. That said, the museum in Fruita seems good and I've found a combination ticket for this one, + Cross Orchards + Museum of the West in GJ. So, we should hopefully be sorted now. Many thanks, BIKES

Get answers to your questions about Fruita