We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabal Harbour

Which Bradenton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Sabal Harbour

Planning holiday for Aug 2008 looking at Sabal Habour.

But would like to know if there is entertainment nearby (walking distance) or would I need to drive for for entertainment.

Don't mind driving to beaches etc, but would like nearby restaruant's,bars etc

Many Thanks

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabal Harbour

From looking at its location on a map, Sabal Harbour is a residential subdivision. Depending on which house you have it will be about 1.5 miles to the main road, hwy 70, where the restaurants and shops will be. And in August you wouldn't want to walk even a mile in the heat and the humidity that we have in Central Florida. You definitely will have to drive to the beaches, and it's a safe bet to say you will have to drive to the restaurants etc., also.

Don't let the name fool you, it is nowhere near the beach.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabal Harbour

Many thanks

We have second option of Anna Maria Island.Sounds fine to us and I'm told they have free trolly bus so that may save the walk to entertainment area

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabal Harbour

If the cost of the accommodation is comparable, then Anna Maria Island wins hands down - no contest. We were there last week for a couple of days. Read the Anna Maria Island forum for more info. Which place on AMI are you considering? Here are some pictures I took while there:

www.geocities.com/poompee/ta

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sabal Harbour

If it was me I would go for Anna Maria Island every time. However there isn`t an "entertainment area" so depends what you are looking for. Lots of good restaurants etc but no clubs / discos etc. Besst things to do = eat, drink and RELAX.

great beaches, good shopping (St Armands, Ellenton outlet etc )

See chamber of commerce web site for accomodation or annamaria.com.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sabal Harbour

Many Thanks to all

Chuts we have one place on AMI that all seven of us like it's Key Royale Canal Home.

Looks fine on webpage

6. Re: Sabal Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 22:20