We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirates Spring Training

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
99 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Pirates Spring Training

Hi All! I'm putting together a little getaway package for a Christmas gift, I'm hoping to coordinate Pirates spring training trip and am interested to hear where we should stay. Planning to rent a car so we can be a decent distance from the ballpark. Any hot tips? We like B&Bs, small resorts (non highrise), something that is a little upper end, preferably right on the beach. Is that a tall order?

Thanks Much & Happy Holidays!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,837 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirates Spring Training

For upper end, try Siesta Key or Longboat Key in Sarasota.

For very laid-back (and very nice, but not as upmarket) try Anna Maria.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirates Spring Training

Try Harrington House B&B on Bradenton Beach. It consistently gets good reviews and is within a decent distance of the Pirates' home-away-from-home. Otherwise head down to Longboat Key, but that would be farther for you.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pirates Spring Training

Of course if you transfer your allegiance to Cincinnati, you could stay on Longboat in some nice accomodations and root for the Reds in nearby Sarasota!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pirates Spring Training

Harrington House. Great beachfront on AMI, with easy access to the games.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
99 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pirates Spring Training

Thanks much everyone for the great tips!

ny
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pirates Spring Training

Due to an unforseen change in my travel plans, I sadly have to sell my tix for March 14th. If anyone is interested: item 220205033060 on ebay.

7. Re: Pirates Spring Training

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 21:19