We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

great things to do for a family of 4

Which Bradenton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
great things to do for a family of 4

Hi we are planning a trip to Bradenton next easter and would like to know cool things to do for two boys 12 and 15 and a big kid of 40 and myself . We have found accomadation at Sabal harbour just need things to enjoy restaurants, shops , beaches etc.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: great things to do for a family of 4

Hi,

I have a place at Sabal Harbour, you will really enjoy yourself there. You will find the beaches of A.M.I about a 25 minute drive away from your home, if the traffic lights are with you. Plenty to do in that area, perhaps have a day at St.Armands Circle for eating places and shopping and visit the Manatee centre nearby.

Siesta Key is about 30 minutes south of Sabal (use the interstate 5 minutes from your door) and you will have a great time with your boys in the town and on the beach there. Close to you for eating/ shopping/gym etc there is Creekwood Crossing, and there are numerous cinemas nearby. Peridia Golf Club is across the road from Sabal Harbour if you play,but they also do good food and you could walk there. You will find Tennis and Basketball courts on site plus a large communal pool. Busch Gardens are 50 minutes drive away for a day out. Have a great time at Easter.

Howard.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: great things to do for a family of 4

Any reason you booked there and not somewhere much closer to the beaches?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: great things to do for a family of 4

why not stay on or near the beach eg on anna maria island ? No wories about what to do , where to eat etc then as its all there as well as being a really nice place.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: great things to do for a family of 4

Sabal Harbour seems to be heavily aimed at people in the UK. Their website makes it seem that the beach is not far. But not knowing how crowded those roads can get especially during a holiday season, unsuspecting visitors are none the wiser.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: great things to do for a family of 4

There are a multitude of places to go, things to see. Beaches to visit. We have found them all just by getting in the car in an afternoon,, after a morning lazing by the pool. Too many to mention, but can't be all that bad for the boys, as ours are now 20 and 21 , and still coming with us. Four days left and counting.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: great things to do for a family of 4

Hi Chuts,

These people are from England, I believe, and have already booked a home at Sabal Harbour. It is a great place to stay and I think I was being honest about the time to drive to the beaches.Do you have something against this area?. We have always found it a great base to explore the whole of the Bradenton/Sarasota area and beyond, and although not on a beach, is a safe and upmarket area to stay to see all the local points of interest. I hope they enjoy their time there as much as we do.

Regards,

Howard.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: great things to do for a family of 4

Nope, nothing against it at all ... it's just not the typical place to stay for a beach vacation, which is what most visitors come for - hence my question about their choice. And, of course, they will need to have a car. I just hope they don't expect to find a bus system like you have in England. But it is a good jumping off point to go to places North and South via I-75.

Kent
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: great things to do for a family of 4

Thanks Chuts for your comments, this will be our 4th time in Florida we have been to Longboat key,Orlando,Homosassa and next Bradenton. We chose that area as the town looks nice and its near the beaches. We didnt want to be smackbang on top of the beaches as we like doing different things. Thanks anyway for replying .

9. Re: great things to do for a family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2008, 17:21
Bradenton
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: great things to do for a family of 4

You could stay in historic downtown Bradenton! We have a bed & breakfast there called The Londoner (www.thelondonerinn.com). There is a planetarium, south florida museum and players theatre all within walking distance,a short drive to Ellenton outlet mall to the east, beaches to the west. Botanical gardens, museums and great restaurants all close by. Actually, even if you stay at the beach, please come by I would be happy to recommend restaurants etc to fellow Brits.