We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Actvities, Accomidations, Recommendations for 1st time visit

Southern Indiana
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Actvities, Accomidations, Recommendations for 1st time visit

My hubby just got back from the Bradenton Area on a business trip. He said he would like to go back with me for our anniversary later this year. Ive never been to the area, so i was looking for some ideas for things to do and places to stay. I look forward to reading any helpful tips.

Thanks!

De Soto National Memorial
Historic Sites, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails
McKechnie Field
Arenas & Stadiums
Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Actvities, Accomidations, Recommendations for 1st time visit

For vacation ideas you should read these forums:

Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key, Lido Key.

AMI actually consists of three places: Bradenton Beach, Holmes Beach, and the city of Anna Maria - all have excellent vacation properties.

florida
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Actvities, Accomidations, Recommendations for 1st time visit

There is a cute little Bed & breakfast opened on 15th street west called The Londoner, I have had afternoon tea there with a group of friends, has had great local reviews. Is in Historic downtown so probably 15 minutes to beaches, but close to south florida museum, marina, planetarium and Manatee players theatre.

Nokomis, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Actvities, Accomidations, Recommendations for 1st time visit

We are going to the Manatee Players Theater on a Sunday afternoon. Do you have a suggestion for a restaurant with good food and reasonable prices nearby? Thanks for your help.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Actvities, Accomidations, Recommendations for 1st time visit

I would suggest Mattison's Riverside Grill. this is on the riverfront at about 12th St. West. Decent food, nice view, and close to where you are going.

Nokomis, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Actvities, Accomidations, Recommendations for 1st time visit

That sounds like a great place, but they only serve brunch or their expensive dinner menu on Sundays, I think. Thanks for your help. If you think of any other ideas, please let me know as we still have a couple of weeks to go before going there.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Actvities, Accomidations, Recommendations for 1st time visit

Look in to Sarasota, Lido Beach Resort. You will love St. Armand's in Sarasota and close to the Lido Beach. Great food and fantastic shopping. Check the Sarasota posts as there is so much more to do in this beautiful city.

Mentioned in this post
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Actvities, Accomidations, Recommendations for 1st time visit

Try across the river at the Riverside Cafe. Indoor or outdoor seating, should have something reasonable. Decent food as well. Take Green Bridge across, turn left at first street.

8. Re: Actvities, Accomidations, Recommendations for 1st time visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 19:20
Get answers to your questions about Bradenton