We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

Which Bradenton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

Hi

Can anyone recommend the best way to trave from Orlando to Bradenton (or the surrounding area), without having a car?

Thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

You could check the Greyhound bus website for times and pick up points. I know they run between Orlando and Bradenton and are very inexpensive to use. Airconditioned, toilets, hot drinks on board and a choice of stopping for meals on some routes or using the express sevice.Thanks,

H.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

Getting to Bradenton is one thing ... how do you plan to get around once you get there? And how long will you be staying in B.?

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

Thanks for your suggestion. I am flying into Orlando with my family and they are renting a car. I will be staying with some friends in Orlando for a few days, before travelling down to Bradenton to meet my family again, so they can pick me up from any nearby locations.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

Please know that Greyhound is not the same by any stretch of a vivid imagination as riding the coach in the UK.

Greyhound is most definitely a least-common-denominator form of transportation, and you will find the stations located in the most desperate of neighbourhoods.

Additionally, the schedules are a long way from convenient.

They will get you there, but didn't want you to think it is comparable to coach travel at home.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

can`t you scrounge a lift with someone on the forum ?

Put your dates in and someone will offer I`m sure.

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

Travelling down anytime on 22nd or 23rd

Sarasota
Level Contributor
12 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

Seriously, I wouldn't catch a ride from a complete stranger and I wouldn't take the bus. I'd recommend catching a flight from Orlando to Sarasota (SRQ) and having your family pick you up at the airport. You may want to compare that cost to that of just renting a car and driving here yourself or even hiring a taxi or limo service.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

Travelling, I think the OP has come and gone already since his dates were 22nd 23rd June.

9. Re: Travel from Orlando to Bradenton - without a car!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 23:21