We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parrot Inn on Cortez Rd.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
578 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Parrot Inn on Cortez Rd.

Has anybody stayed at or have opinions on the Parrot Inn on Cortez Rd. I believe this used to be called the Cortez West Hotel/Apts. I am having a hard time finding a reasonably priced room for one night. I know this isn't a fancy place, but it looks like it's under new ownerships. So if it's clean and quiet, that is all I require. Thoughts?

Austin
Level Contributor
168 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parrot Inn on Cortez Rd.

I lived off of Cortez for years and have never heard of this Inn/Hotel. (I no longer live in Bradenton now or I'd check it our for you). There is a Holiday Inn Express off of Cortez and 51st. It's clean and quiet. Not sure how cheap..but it may do. Sorry I can't be of more help.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
578 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parrot Inn on Cortez Rd.

Thanks for the reply anyway. I did wind up staying at the Parrot Inn last month and can say that while I would seek out a little more established place next time, the Parrot is not a bad choice and a very good value. I would recommend the Parrot for those on a budget who want a kitchenette. It's fairly clean though not sparkling, and the location is convenient and quiet enough. The owners are very nice and the property seemed safe but in need of a good tidying up. The best thing about the Parrot was the price -- which was roughly half as much as the other hotels in the area. For the amount of time we were in the room, it was fine.

FL
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parrot Inn on Cortez Rd.

how much was the cost of a room?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
578 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parrot Inn on Cortez Rd.

If I recall, the rooms were between $50 and $75 per night during high season.