We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

I need to find transportation from the Tampa Airport to Bradenton. Renting a car is not an option at this point. A taxi seems to be fairly costly. Has anyone had any experience with using Super Shuttle to/from the airport? I will be arriving the first week in January and staying for a week while my dad has surgery. Thanks for any ideas, it is much appreciated!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

I have used Super Shuttle once. Was very nice, on-time, no complaints at all.

Might be a little more cost, but another option http://airportplustampabay.com/index.htm

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

Thank you for information. I think Super Shuttle sounds like the easiest thing to go with. I'll check out the other link as well. Thanks again :-)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,849 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

How will you get around Bradenton w/o a car?

Bradenton, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

Hi! I have been using the Sarasota/Tampa express bus service for several years. They run about 5 services a day, but you have to reserve a seat. They are old buses but safe. Fare approximately $42 one way. I hope this helps. Jennifer

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,849 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

I would still like to know there the OP is staying, as they could be stranded w/o transport.

Not all areas are well covered for public transport.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

Thank you, Jennifer. I hadn't heard about the express bus, I will check into them as well. I really appreciate the information.

Amanx -- I will be staying with my parents and they have a car, so no worries about transportation once I am there. Thank you for your concern though.

Merry Christmas everyone :-)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,849 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

Good to hear, you'd be surprised we have had others w/o those options try something like this and then had a miserable holiday.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

I have a rental car at tampa airport. I have never been in area. I am apprehensive to cross Sunshine skyway bridge. Any suggestions?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

tyted777, you should really start a new topic .... but if you don't want to go over the bridge (really is the best way) then you'll have to go through Tampa and the simplest route is I-275 to I-4 to I-75. Check it on one of the online map services.

10. Re: Transportion from Tampa to Bradenton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 06:18