We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West hide a way nice resorts for a few days in January??

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
88 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Key West hide a way nice resorts for a few days in January??

We are going to be in the area of Bradenton at the end of January 2013 for a 1 day event and were thinking maybe we could drive down to the keys and stay a couple nights before heading back to Indiana. Any suggestions anyone? Is there a place called Palm Island near there??

Thanks for any info....

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,029 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West hide a way nice resorts for a few days in January??

Here is the link for Little Palm Island. http://www.littlepalmisland.com/

I haven't stayed there but others say its very nice but also very expensive. They may have a minimum stay at that time of year too. January is high season and prices will be higher everywhere in Florida, especially the keys. Key West has a lot of things to see & do, loads of bars, shops and restaurants on Duval street you can walk to, etc. Little Palm is more of a get away from it all kind of place. The upper keys are also beautiful but things are more spread out. Beaches are small in the keys so if that is what you are looking for I would stick with the gulf coast such as Siesta Key or Anna Maria Island. Let us know more info in order to help.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
88 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West hide a way nice resorts for a few days in January??

Thanks for the info!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,936 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West hide a way nice resorts for a few days in January??

If you dont want to drive all the way to KW (although the drive is great in daytime- it is 3/4 hours from Miami) you can park your car in Ft Myers and take the ferry (foot passenger only).

I hear Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada is nice, and the Westin in KW has a small island as part of their resort with a restaurant, beach and spa- not sure if they have rooms there though you'd have to check on their website)

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
88 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West hide a way nice resorts for a few days in January??

Thanks much I will look into it!!

5. Re: Key West hide a way nice resorts for a few days in January??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 21:15