We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible move to Bradenton

Which Bradenton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
86 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Possible move to Bradenton

My husband and I may possibly be moving to Bradenton for a job. We are coming over to visit for two days. Looking for suggestions on what areas to check out to get a feel of the area and how it would be to live there. We are in our early 30s and expecting our first child. We would be moving from Jupiter, FL area and are used to living in a young professional couples type area. Any suggestions on places to look for rentals would be greatly appreciated as well. We enjoy going out to eat and going to the beach.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible move to Bradenton

Lakewood Ranch would be young professional type. Plenty of other areas, and if you want to be close to the beach you would want something in West Bradenton. Some newer apartment complexes off Cortez Rd. west.

Florida
Level Contributor
86 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible move to Bradenton

I have heard some other people recommending Lakewood Ranch as well. Thank you, we will check it out!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,379 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible move to Bradenton

Just be aware that there have been some problems with some of the buildings in Lakewood Ranch. It was in the news a few months ago but I haven't heard if those problems have been solved.

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible move to Bradenton

We relocated to Tampa from Weston seven years ago. Huge differences over here. Sorry you have to leave Jupiter. Bradenton is not a great place by comparison and is considered seedy and blue collar by the west coast folks. There are lots of options in Sarasota and in St. Pete to consider that will be worth the drive. Sarasota can be very pricey, but has many of the attributes of Delray Beach and Coral Gables. St Pete is more affordable and is very cool with lots of beach access and is very family friendly. The rental market is tightening so don't wait.

Lakewood is very nice, but feels like Orlando to me. I like to be closer to the water.

Best of luck with your relocation.

Florida
Level Contributor
86 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible move to Bradenton

Thank you for the heads up we would most likely rent first for a year or so to get a chance to check out which area suits us best for long term living. It will be very tough to leave Jupiter area, I'm in love with this area of Florida.

North Port, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible move to Bradenton

Deffinatley rent first. I grew up in Bradenton, I visit my family once or twice a month there and between the insane traffic & rampant drug problems, it makes me sooo happy to return to Northport at the end of the day.(Sorry to be a downer!) Are you looking to rent a house or an apartment? There are alot of apartment areas off of 75th St that are about average/good but try to stay away from 'Duplex City' cortez & 81st st area. I like the Palm Cove apartments, I've heard good and bad things about it. My friend rented one of the newer,nicer apartments in PalmCove & I was very impressed with it. They also have 2 pools, 1 for kids. I lived in Harbour Pointe for about 6mo(off cortez a few years ago. I like the place but it was a little sketchy because of the neighborhood next to it 'Havertyville'. I don't know much about Lakewood Ranch but I hope this helps and gives you a little insight!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Possible move to Bradenton

My wife and I just spent 10 days looking for a condo(villa) to purchase in the Venice, Sarasota & Bradenton areas. We bought one in the Wild Oak Bay development it's right next to IMG off Cortez down near 35th. The development has very lush plantings, each cul-de-sac has it's own pool& hot tub. For what we were looking for it really fits the bill. It's right on Sarasota Bay, 6 miles to Anna Maria Key , very short drive to downtown Sarasota. Don't know if there are any rentals available, but we really thought of everything we saw it was the best.

8. Re: Possible move to Bradenton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 06:15