We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bradenton's best animal spots?

Cleveland
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Topic
Bradenton's best animal spots?

Hi, I'm going to be in Bradenton and I'm looking for activity suggestions that involve animals. I.E. aquarium, touch stingrays, eat in a restaurant where dolphin jump. Anything like that. I do already have the Snooty Aquarium place on my list, but haven't found anything else other than a mini golf place with alligators. (Is there a place that's good to see them for free?)

Thanks!

De Soto National Memorial
Historic Sites, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails
Riverwalk
Piers & Boardwalks
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bradenton's best animal spots?

There is also Mote Aquarium in Sarasota. Anna Maria Island City Pier often has dolphins playing out front. Either eat at the restaurant, fish, or just hang out.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bradenton's best animal spots?

There is the Myakka State Park with Gators and wildlife just about 30 min away...

Rod and Reel Pier for a beautiful view of the bay and Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

You can see snakes if you are lucky early in the morning at the very south of Anna Maria.

You can feed squirrels on coquina beach

Dolphin tours from Cortez village

Check for Manatees in Palma Sola Bay

Go to Egmont Key and watch the birds

As Kris said, Mote Aquarium incl. the Boat trip

watch Pelicans on the piers

3. Re: Bradenton's best animal spots?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Bradenton