We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas stations around Death Valley

Which Death Valley Junction hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Gas stations around Death Valley

I'm travelling from Yosemite to Death Valley (staying at Furnace Creek for one night) and then on to Las Vegas. I understand that there is gas available at Lone Pine and that this should take us to Furnace Creek and then I think there is a gas station near Furnace Creek. Does anyone know if there are good gas stations between Furnace Creek and Vegas?

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,242 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gas stations around Death Valley

There are stations all along Hwy 395. Lone Pine is the last substantial town before the park. Panamint Springs resort in the western part of the park, about 50 mi/80 km farther past Lone Pine, has gas. But it is incredibly expensive; I've seen it up to $.50-.75 more per gallon than other stations in the area.

Stove Pipe Wells and Furnace Creek, the main resorts in the park, have gas. Stove Pipe Wells typically has lower prices. It's another 25 mi/45 km or so to Furnace Creek.

If you want to go to Scotty's Castle, there is no gas there now but you can make a round trip from either SPW or FC without filling up.

There are several routes to Las Vegas from Furnace Creek. Depending on the one you take, you'll find stations in the towns of Beatty, Amargosa Valley, and Pahrump NV and in Shoshone CA.

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gas stations around Death Valley

This is great - thanks. Looks like we'll be going trough Amargosa Valley so we'll be all set.

3. Re: Gas stations around Death Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 10:36